Jensen Hughes has a newly created position for an experienced Energy Storage Systems Engineer/Consultant. The position can be located in Baltimore, Maryland, or elsewhere in the US. With over 20 years of battery testing and ESS safety system design experience, Jensen Hughes is a leader in R&D and application engineering and consulting for the growing, dynamic ESS industry. As a leading global fire protection firm, we are looking for new team members that are well-versed in ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning. We are particularly interested in individuals who can lead projects and work with a diverse team of consultants.
Plan and execute ESS activities as part of project team. Conduct engineering assessments in ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning. Prepare and present technical reports and presentations. Manage client expectations and relationships through clear and thoughtful communication and assist team members in doing the same. Maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues to complete tasks on time and on budget. Undertake independent research and/or training to enhance existing services and/or fill-in gaps in knowledge, expertise and/or skills. Other engineering/consulting services that align with our broad scope of offerings.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in technical services, project management, or consulting in Energy Storage systems
• Advanced Degree from an accredited university in a related technical discipline.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning.
• Specific experience in Li-Ion Battery Energy Storage Systems is preferable
• Ability to think innovatively and drive solutions based on technically sound principles.
• Excellent report writing, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to present clear and technically sound engineering strategies and other consulting products to a range of audiences.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Professional Engineering License preferred.
Jensen Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.