Jensen Hughes is a market leading forensic investigation company, comprised of highly experienced investigators committed to delivering technical excellence. Operating throughout Ireland, the UK and overseas, we investigate the origin and cause of fires and explosions and other accidents or failures on land and at sea. Our clients trust us to respond rapidly and deliver conclusive reports, robust evidence and expert testimony of the highest technical standard in courts throughout the world.
Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Forensic Investigator to join our highly qualified team, based in our Dublin office.
This role will involve:
· Attending incident scenes, documenting and collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses
· Acting as lead investigator in the investigation of the origin, cause and development of less complex cases
· Liaising with experts representing other interested parties
· Collating documentary and witness evidence for compilation in technical reports
· Providing expert witness evidence, where required
· Utilising Jensen Hughes case management system to record all case-related activity, in line with SLA requirements
· Maintaining technical knowledge and skills through continuous professional development, by attending training courses, undertaking research and reference to scientific papers and developments in the field of fire and explosion investigation
· Attending marketing events, as required
Candidates will have relevant experience and/or qualifications in the field of fire investigation, fire engineering, forensic science or other relevant discipline. Membership to a professional body would be advantageous but is not essential.
The role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to apply scientific and systematic approaches to the forensic examination of incident scenes.
Strong communication skills are essential, along with the ability to present accurate information in a clear and unambiguous manner, both verbally and in writing. Attention to detail, a flexible approach and an ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients are key qualities for this position.
Some travel may be required within the role from time to time.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and performance-related bonus along with other benefits.