Jensen Hughes has an exciting job opportunity for a VP, Business Development, North Region. This position can be based anywhere in the US but would ideally be based in the New England area.. The Vice President, Business Development will partner with Operations and other Business Development leaders throughout the company to drive new orders and proposals for professional consulting services including a wide of services involving life safety, fire protection, forensics and security across major markets. The successful candidate will be a confident sales leader, with a client focused service-oriented attitude, both internally and externally.
Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
Business Development is accountable for driving new Orders and Proposals with a focus on selling our line of professional consulting services and winning new large complex projects. The position partners with Operational Sales Leaders to align priorities at the local level, allocate resources accordingly and provide increased collaboration to foster mutual success. The position leads business development in services involving life safety, fire protection, forensics and security across all major markets
• Demonstrated experience partnering with Operations and driving orders and proposals for professional consulting services.
• Advanced communication and negotiation skill
• Ability to create and deliver sales presentations using modern office tools (MS Powerpoint, MS Dynamics, Excel)
• Ability to build and manage an expense budget
• Willingness to travel (up to 50% within and occasionally outside of the state)
• Candidates with prior business development experience in Fire, life safety consulting or related professional service highly desirable
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience